About Choices Youth Shelter
Our mission is to be a safe and supportive resource within Dufferin County that offers homeless youth, 16 to 24 years of age, an alternative to living on the street and supports their transition to a more productive and brighter future.
- Develop and promote community support for youth which will ensure their successful integration into the community as productive members.
- Provide emergency housing for homeless youth 16 - 24 years of age from Dufferin County and surrounding areas.
- Create awareness of support for the homeless throughout Dufferin, while creating and developing strong community partnerships.
- Provide opportunities to develop life skills within the community through access to education and community support to build positive self esteem and empowerment.
- To adapt as the needs of the community change.